Monday, February 1, 2010

Getting My Hands Dirty

I've been a real slacker when it comes to my photography. I haven't really branched out and tried anything new in a couple of years. Honestly, I'm still not in love with my digital camera. I miss film and the darkroom and the excitement of shooting in black and white. The days of grain and grit are gone my friends; Photoshop filters can (insert offensive phrase of choice here). However, I'm 24, not 57, and it's time to stop being such a crotchety old man and enjoy digital photography.

I'm not only embracing my digital friend, I'm using new subject matter. I love photographing people. Bone structure, facial expression, body language gives me a feeling, tells me a story. Lately, I've been photographing inanimate objects. A thing can be an extension of its owner. I'm trying to capture its personality.

It's cold outside! Interiors are my new thing.



1 comment: